Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was handed down from my Mother, who in turn got it from a Mexican Lady in Colorado. It is a fun recipe to just throw together in a quick hurry.
- 2 -3 pork steaks, cubed
- 1 yellow squash, 1/4 in slices
- 1 onion, 1/4 in slices
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- hot sauce
- Heat Olive Oil in skillet and brown pork cubes in oil, liberally spice with garlic powder.
- DO NOT DRAIN.
- Add all vegetables, spice with garlic, salt, pepper, chile powder and hot sauce to your preference of"hotness".
- Cover and cook about 15-20 minutes , don't over cook the vegies!
- Serve over rice or just by itself.
- Be creative, add other vegies that you like.
on a low carb diet and made this, only used squash though. the seasonings on the squash was awesome! the pork for me only turned out ok. This is the only way I will season squash from now on though. Thanks a bunch:)
A very good blend of flavors but be careful of the chili powder and hot sauce to taste. Will make it again but will measure the chili powder and hot sauce until I get it like I like it. It is a good recipe.
Since I'm a vegetarian, I made this without the pork. I was very careful with the spices, adding a bit at a time in order to get just the right level of hotness. This is a great way to cook squash, especially during the summer months when you're eating a lot of it and you want something different. I have now made this recipe on multiple occasions.