Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A dish with a tad of Mexican flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yellow squash, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Saute squash and onion in the butter.
- Add pepper, salt, chilles and flour. Mix well.
- Place squash mixture in a coated casserole dish and sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese on top.
- Combine egg, cottage cheese and parsley. Pour over the Monterrey jack cheese, then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Enjoyed this recipe but added a can of drained rotel tomatoes to kick it up a notch. Will make this again.