Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My SIL gave me this recipe several years ago. It is great for potluck meals. Just add a salad and you have a wonderful spicy meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 (5 ounce) package yellow rice
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can ro-tel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 bag plain Doritos
- Brown hamburger meat and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and approximately 1/2 cup water.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Cook rice as directed on box (leave water in rice, do not drain).
- Mix cheese and tomatoes and melt in microwave.
- Combine all ingredients, using only a few of the crumbled Doritos.
- Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle remaining Doritos on top of mixture.
- Bake at 325 F for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
This was a very good recipe and easy to make. I will make this again. We used the leftovers for a filling in a burrito with refried beans and our favorite toppings. It was great!
I had all of the ingredients on hand for this recipe and found it was very easy to make. My neighbors kids loved it and they are picky eaters so I think it would be a hit with children. It has a good flavor and just the right amount of spice. It is a great dish for a pot luck supper or perhaps a ladies Pokeno game.
WOW !!! OMG ,This is soooooo goooood . I will be making this again and again . It is just spicy enough and the flavor is great . My DH loved it ! Thanks for a GREAT recipe !