Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful appetizer for a crowd!
Make and share this Mexican Wontons recipe from Food.com.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb mild pork sausage
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- Grease 24 miniature muffin cups lightly with oil.
- Press one wonton wrapper into each cup.
- Brush the wontons with oil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from muffin cups and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet, stirring until crumbly, and then drain.
- Combine the sausage, cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese, salad dressing, red pepper and olives in a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon one tablespoon into each wonton.
- Bake at 325 degrees for five minutes, or until bubbly.
Made some of these to freeze for the Superbowl. I left out the red pepper and put in pickled jalapenos in their place. I also substituted the Cheddar cheese with Mexican blend cheese. I tested out a couple and they were great!
Grreat appy! Even good as a cold serving. I didn't think mild pork sausage sounded very mexican so i added the spices to make it into chorizo and I only had green bell peppers. Definitely would make again.