Recipe by Galley Wench
Perfect for a pot-luck 'dock' party! Original recipe was included in a package of won ton wrappers, however I've reworked it to fit our taste. Serve with salas and/or guacamole (RZ would not accept salsa so had to put in pico de gallo).
- 48 wonton wrappers
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef (or ssusage or chorizo)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons poblano peppers, chopped
- 7 ounces beans, refried
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper, diced (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (adjust to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (adjust taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg, whte
- vegetable oil, for frying
- pico de gallo (salsa)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef, onion and poblano pepper.
- Drain and stir in beans, cheese, chiopotle, adobo sauce, ketchup, chili powder and cumin; mix well.
- Spoon a generous teaspoon of filling in the center of each won ton wrapper.
- Brush edges of wrapper with egg white.
- Fold the wrappers diagnonally and press all edges together to seal.
- FRIED WON TONS:.
- Fry a few at a time in hot oil (375 degrees), turning once, until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- BAKED WON TONS:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place filled won tons o cookie sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray (PAM).
- Baked until crispy brown, about 5 minutes., turn and continue baking for a couple more minutes.
- Serve warm with salsa and/or guacamole.