Recipe by dr_kaley
Here's a recipe I have been trying to figure out for a long time. You know that white sauce that they give you along with salsa when you sit down at a Mexican restaurant. This is as close as i could come. I cant help but still feel like its missing "something". So please, feel free to experiment and comment.. PS: It's NOT supposed to be a Cheese sauce at all. They do serve cheese sauces at mexican restaurants, but this particular sauce has no cheese. Anyone who has had it, will know what it is because its so good!
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash paprika
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (to taste depending on how you like it, but it doesn't take much!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together with wisk or mixer or blender, etc.
- Best if chilled overnight.
- Serve with homemade Mexican style tortilla chips.
- Note: You may need to experiment with the spices to your own taste. Also, you may like to add more or less ranch dressing to taste, and also more or less milk to the consistency you like. Start out with less, then taste and add as you like. Most Mexican restaurants I've been to are different with the white sauce.
- I have also added sour cream to this recipe and it also does well.
- Please, if anyone finds a better way or something to add or subtract, please comment and note it!