Prep 0 mins
Cook 55 mins
I found this recipe on another recipe site and added my own twist to it. It came out pretty tasty! Let me know how it comes out.
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 clove minced garlic
- 113.39 g candiced green chili peppers
- 7.39 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml ground cayenne pepper (use less if you think it might be too spicy)
- 2 (1027.67 g) can chicken broth
- 709.77 ml chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 3 (1275.72 g) can white beans
- 311.84 g can corn
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- shredded monterey jack cheese, garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender.
- Mix in the garlic, green chili peppers, oregano, cumin, and cayenne.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken broth, chicken, beans, corn, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on each serving and enjoy!
MMMM...I can't describe the smell that permiated my house. I figured if it tasted as good as it smelled, it would be a winner. It did not disapoint. I didn't have the tomatoes. I sauted some carrot and celery with the onion. This will be my go to white chicken chili from now on. I crumbled tortilla chips on top instead of crackers. Love it, Love it, Love it!!!
Delicious, filling soup! Nicely spiced, and I enjoyed the addition of corn and tomatoes, which is a twist I haven't had before in a white chili. Thanks for sharing!