Recipe by flume027
I found this recipe on another recipe site and added my own twist to it. It came out pretty tasty! Let me know how it comes out.
Top Review by Tonda
MMMM...I can't describe the smell that permiated my house. I figured if it tasted as good as it smelled, it would be a winner. It did not disapoint. I didn't have the tomatoes. I sauted some carrot and celery with the onion. This will be my go to white chicken chili from now on. I crumbled tortilla chips on top instead of crackers. Love it, Love it, Love it!!!
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 clove minced garlic
- 113.39 g candiced green chili peppers
- 7.39 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml ground cayenne pepper (use less if you think it might be too spicy)
- 2 (1027.67 g) can chicken broth
- 709.77 ml chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 3 (1275.72 g) can white beans
- 311.84 g can corn
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- shredded monterey jack cheese, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender.
- Mix in the garlic, green chili peppers, oregano, cumin, and cayenne.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken broth, chicken, beans, corn, and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on each serving and enjoy!