Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe for the white cheese sauce that comes with enchiladas at a mexican restaurant. Very GOOD!!
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in shredded cheese until melted.
- Mix in sour cream and green chilies, and cook, stirring occasionally just until heated through. Do not allow to boil.
This recipe was a bit disappointing. The ingredients all separate and it is gritty textured, not at all creamy. It wasn't like anything that I had ever had in a mexican restaurant.
I loved this cheese sauce. I added flour and milk to the butter to thicken it up and served it along side chicken enchiladas. Delicious!
Was a big hit at my party! However, I wished that the consistency was creamier. I'm not sure how I can get it to truly be like the consistency you would get at a Mexican restaurant. Any tips?