Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe came from a friends mom, Ive also had them from my grandmother growing up--not sure if the recipe is the same but I love these. They're so easy. One year for Christmas I decided to make these and add a frozen cranberry to each one. They were a big hit!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen cranberries
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix butter, sugar & vanilla in a bowl.
- Work in flour, salt & pecans until dough holds together.
- Form 1" balls of dough around 1 cranberry each.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet & bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Cool slightly & roll balls in icing sugar.
- cool completely & roll in icing sugar again.