Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE shortening, 1 cup powdered sugar and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat on medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to creamed mixture; mix well. Stir in walnuts; mix well. Roll dough into walnut-size balls; place on ungreased baking sheets about 1 1 ⁄ 2 inches apart.
- BAKE 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown slightly. Cool on baking sheets until cool enough to handle, but still warm. While still warm, roll in remaining 1 cup powdered sugar; place on cooling racks to cool completely.