Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
It just wouldn't be a holiday without these cookies at my house. These easy and fun to make cookies make great gifts for any occasion. This version of the cookie recipe came from Good Housekeeping.
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor with knife blade attached, pulse pecans with 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar until very finely ground.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and ground pecans.
- In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar 1 minute or until creamy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Add egg and vanilla; beat until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour and pecan mixture just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl.
- Shape dough by rounded measuring teaspoons into 1-inch balls. Place balls, 1 1/2 inches apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 13 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are browned and cookies are light golden. Let stand on cookie sheet 2 minutes to firm up slightly, then transfer to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place confectioners' sugar in pie plate. Roll cooled cookies in sugar to coat, twice if needed.
- Note: Make sure cookies are completely cooled before rolling in the confectioners' sugar; if they're still warm, the coating will get sticky.
- Store cookies, putting waxed paper between layers, in tightly sealed container at room temperature up to 1 week or in freezer up to 3 months.
YUM! These were so easy and quick to make. One note though, I didn't expect them to really expand, I've always seen them look like little balls but these did grow a little bit so next time I will be sure to make them a little smaller. Still taste amazing! I'm trying not to eat them all as I fill my gift bags!!
While I didn't actually make these, I did eat my fair share. Delicious! I plan on adding these to my cookie tray this Christmas. Enjoyed at my Party on a Peso for *ZWT 5*