Recipe by seahorse73
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen, quick and easy!!!
Top Review by Pseudobritchick
These are quite remarkable...I have an oven that's on its' last legs and had to monitor the temperature and timing but these turned out wonderfully! I will be gifting them tomorrow! Thank you for sharing!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for coating baked cookies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting hands
- 1 cup pecans, chopped into very small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar at low speed until it is smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- At low speed gradually add the flour.
- Mix in the pecans with a spatula.
- With floured hands, take out about 1 tablespoon of dough and shape into crescent, (I rolled into a ball).
- Continue to dust hands with flour as you make more cookies.
- Place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle but still warm, roll in additional confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks.