1 hr 5 mins
These "cakes" are really festive cookies. Bon Appetit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and chamomile flower; beat until well blended. Beat in chocolate, flour, then almonds. Divide dough in half; form each half into ball. Wrap separately in plastic; chill until cold, about 40 - 45 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Whisk remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and cinnamon in pie dish to blend. Set cinnamon sugar aside.
- 3Working with half of chilled dough, roll dough by 2 teaspoonfuls between palms into balls. Arrange balls on heavy large baking sheet, spacing 1/2 inch apart. Bake cookies until golden brown on bottom and just pale golden on top, about 18 minutes. Cool cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet. Gently toss warm cookies in cinnamon sugar to coat completely. Transfer coated cookies to rack and cool completely. Repeat procedure with remaining half of dough. (Cookies can be prepared 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature; reserve remaining cinnamon sugar.)
- 4Sift remaining cinnamon sugar over cookies and serve.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Wedding Cakes, the Secret Sweets of Mexico
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1090.2
- Calories from Fat 588
- Total Fat 65.3 g
- Saturated Fat 30.8 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 461.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 62.1 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: