Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
These "cakes" are really festive cookies. Bon Appetit!
Make and share this Mexican Wedding Cakes, the Secret Sweets of Mexico recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried chamomile, flower extract organic
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almonds, toasted, coarsely ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and chamomile flower; beat until well blended. Beat in chocolate, flour, then almonds. Divide dough in half; form each half into ball. Wrap separately in plastic; chill until cold, about 40 - 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Whisk remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and cinnamon in pie dish to blend. Set cinnamon sugar aside.
- Working with half of chilled dough, roll dough by 2 teaspoonfuls between palms into balls. Arrange balls on heavy large baking sheet, spacing 1/2 inch apart. Bake cookies until golden brown on bottom and just pale golden on top, about 18 minutes. Cool cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet. Gently toss warm cookies in cinnamon sugar to coat completely. Transfer coated cookies to rack and cool completely. Repeat procedure with remaining half of dough. (Cookies can be prepared 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature; reserve remaining cinnamon sugar.)
- Sift remaining cinnamon sugar over cookies and serve.