1/3 Photos of Mexican Wedding Cakes
Sue Lau's Note:
The holidays wouldn't be the same without these little "snowball cookies". Very simple to make, and popular in the cookie tins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cooking tip: For packing a variety of cookies in tins, place these in muffins papers to keep them from getting powdered sugar over different types of cookies.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 3Mix together 1/2 cup powdered sugar with the butter and vanilla and beat till fluffy.
- 4Mix flour with the salt, then add flour 1/2 cup at a time, then add the almonds, stirring until a nice dough forms.
- 5Make 1-inch balls of the dough and place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1-inch apart.
- 6Bake in the preheated oven about 15-18 minutes or until set (don't let them brown).
- 7Remove from cookie sheets, cool 1 minute, then roll in some powdered sugar.
- 8Allow to cool 10-15 minutes (sugar will get damp) and reroll in the sugar.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Wedding Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (686 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 58.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g