The holidays wouldn't be the same without these little "snowball cookies". Very simple to make, and popular in the cookie tins.
- Cooking tip: For packing a variety of cookies in tins, place these in muffins papers to keep them from getting powdered sugar over different types of cookies.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together 1/2 cup powdered sugar with the butter and vanilla and beat till fluffy.
- Mix flour with the salt, then add flour 1/2 cup at a time, then add the almonds, stirring until a nice dough forms.
- Make 1-inch balls of the dough and place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1-inch apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 15-18 minutes or until set (don't let them brown).
- Remove from cookie sheets, cool 1 minute, then roll in some powdered sugar.
- Allow to cool 10-15 minutes (sugar will get damp) and reroll in the sugar.