Recipe by shawnajean
"Rich, delicate, pretty cookie for Holiday or party trays. Melts in your mouth. Easy to make, just a little labor intensive. The less you handle this dough, the more delicate the finished cookie."
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup blanched almond, ground
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together confectioner's sugar and butter. Add vanilla, cinnamon and almonds.
- Knead in flour by hand until completely mixed.
- Chill dough for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- Roll out dough to one inch thickness. Cut into 1 inch pieces, and roll quickly and gently into a ball. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- When baked, dip or roll in confectioner's sugar. Store airtight in layers with waxed paper in between.