I got this recipe from the United Way, JC Penny Cookbook 1996. They are always a big hit at Christmas time. Baking time is per sheet - so multiply that by how many cookie sheets you need to use.
- Cream butter, the 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Combine flour and pecans.
- Stir into butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; cool on wire rack.
- Roll again in powdered sugar.
- Sprinkle with additional chopped pecans if desired.