Called a cake but they are cookies. This recipe does not call for nuts like the others here at Zaar. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream butter adding sugar gradually.
- Blend in salt, vanilla, and flour.
- If too soft, chill until firm.
- Scoop small pieces of dough, roll in hand to make a small ball, and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While still hot, roll cookies in powdered sugar.
- Move to a wire rack to cool.