1/2 Photos of Mexican Wedding Cakes
Innocent looking mounds of powdered sugar seem to explode in your mouth. Terrific light and crisp texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place pecans on a cookie sheet and toast for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- 3Cool pecans completely before proceeding.
- 4IN THE FOOD PROCESSER (preferred) -----------.
- 5Process pecans, salt and sugar until pecans are ground very fine.
- 6Cut the butter in chunks and, with the motor running, add.
- 7Process until smooth and creamy.
- 8Scrape down bowl, add vanilla and pulse.
- 9Add flour and salt, pulse until it starts to clump.
- 10OR IN THE MIXER-------------.
- 11Soften butter.
- 12Grind toasted pecans.
- 13In medium bowl whisk, flour, nuts and salt until combined.
- 14Combine sugar and butter in a mixing bowl, beat until light and fluffy.
- 15Beat in vanilla extract and scrape down bowl.
- 16Stir on low speed, gradually adding the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- 17FOR EITHER METHOD-------------.
- 18Place dough into a bowl and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours.
- 19Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- 20Measure dough using a gently rounded 1 ¼" scoop, or 1 scant tablespoon, roll between palms to form a 1" balls.
- 21Place balls 1 ½" apart on cookie sheet, bake for 15 mins or until just beginning to brown, undersides will be lightly browned.
- 22Rotate pan half way through cooking for even baking.
- 23Cool cookies on sheet for 2-3 mins, using a small angled spatula lift the cookies from the sheet and gently roll several times in powdered sugar.
- 24Cool completely on rack and roll again in powdered sugar.
- 25Store in an airtight container for about 1 month.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Wedding Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 3.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g