Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I've made this recipe for many, many years
Make and share this Mexican Wedding Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix thoroughly butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Work in flour, salt and nuts until dough holds together.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set but not brown.
- As soon as you take them out of the oven, roll in sugar.
- roll in sugar again.
This was way easy and very good. I followed the directions but I had to handle these gingerly. They were a bit fragile. Will definitely do these again. Good recipe!
WOW! These are so easy to make and so very tasty. It was ready within no time, great to make when unexpected guests come over. I particularly like the appearance of these before they are baked , they reseble our popular Indian sweet 'ladoo'!! Very nice cookies.
We love these cookies. They're great year-round. One slight difference: we use 2 t. real vanilla and 2 t. almond extract. It really brings out that yummy nutty flavor without being too sweet. I also love adding food coloring to them depending on the time of year (red & green at Christmastime, or yellow, pink, & purple for Easter!!).