Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This fruity tropical cake has a milky sauce soaked into it, making it very moist and delicious.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease and flour one 9X13 baking pan.
- Combine flour, soda, salt and 2 cups sugar; set aside.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the flour mixture.
- Stir in the pineapple and juice until just blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- To make frosting bring 1 cup sugar, butter and evaporated milk to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Boil for 2 minutes, watching carefully to be sure it doesn't burn.
- Stir the mixture frequently while cooking.
- REmove from heat and stir in the vanilla, coconut and pecans.
- Beat until it cools to lukewarm, then pour over the cooled cake.