Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious moist cake that can be for breakfast, brunch, or desert. Rich and sweet with a fruity flavor. Great with a good cup of coffee!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup crushed pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessoften cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup of softened butter or 1 cup margarine
- SIFT TOGETHER flour, soda, and sugar, and then add pecans.
- Next add slightly beaten eggs and the crushed Pineapples.
- Pour batter into a 9x13 cake pan that has been greased and flour.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees; cake will be dark.
- While cake is still hot, using a fork punch holes in top of cake.
- Mix icing with mixer until smooth and spread on cake while it is still hot!
- Let cake cool and serve.
Good cake, for some reason my came out really really dark on the inside and I wasn't very pleased with this, not sure why it came out the way it did, I followed this recipe exactly. I've seen others make it and its a golden yellow color. Great taste though, and I love the cream cheese frosting.
Excellent! Easy to make and was a big hit!
This was my husbands favorite cake and I had lost the recipe. Thank you for posting it. Bonni