Recipe by Lacy S.
This is a wonderful recipe. My mom got it from a lady she worked with years ago. The recipe card is becoming worn and I am posting so it is not lost forever. This is a very moist cake.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple, crushed
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, soda, sugar, and salt.
- In a seperate bowl beat eggs, and stir in pineapple, raisins, and chopped pecans.
- Slow mix dry ingredients into egg mixture and beat to combine.
- Pour mixture in 9 x 13 baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes, or until knife inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.
- While cake is cooling prepare icing.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix to combine.
- Do not ice cake until it has completely cooled.