Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I don't why it's called a wedding cake...but that is what my aunt always called it. It is really good. Made it for a girls get-together and everyone wanted the recipe!!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat sugar with eggs. Add pineapple WITH juice; stir to mix.
- Sift flour and baking soda together, add to mix.
- Pour into ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- While cake is baking, make topping.
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla* at high speed.
- While cake is warm, not hot, put topping on cake.
- *I always bake with Mexican vanilla, it has a very different taste than regular vanilla extract. Try it and let me know! You will not be disappointed, I promise!
It's delicious and moist and I was told it's called wedding cake cause the ingredients have "2" of everything - get it not, single but a couple??
This is my favorite cake! Love it!
hello<br/>I have been making this cake for years, - so much so that it's almost my signature dish.<br/>I usually put lemon juice in the icing to cut the sweetness, and use unsweetened pineapple (crushed ) a 600g tin seems to be heaps.<br/>We have always known it as Mexican wedding cake recipe too.<br/>cheers<br/>Lorraine<br/>Lorri14nz