Recipe by JanuaryBride
A wonderful Mexican recipe from Food and Wine, May 2008 edition. Light, healthy and vegetarian too.
Top Review by LaJuneBug
What a fantastic surprise! We made this for our dinner party. We omitted the greens. We large-diced everything except for the watermelon, which we used the melon-baller. I kept the fruits and vinaigrette separate until serving. No one would have identified the tequila. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups papayas, peeled seeded and cut into 1-by-1/2-inch batons
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1-by-1/2-inch batons
- 2 cups jicama, peeled and cut into 1-by-1/2-inch batons
- 5 ounces spring mix greens
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice and vinegar with the tequila. Whisk in the olive oil and season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Add the papaya, watermelon, jicama and greens and toss well.
- Add the avocado and toss gently.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve right away.