Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Can be used as a dip for your favorite chips. It disappears quickly!
- 425.24 g can whole kernel corn, drained
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 226.79 g carton sour cream
- 226.79 g jar Pace Picante Sauce (I use medium hot)
- 473.18 ml shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 283.49 g candiced rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 473.18 ml cooked rice
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1-2 green onion, chopped
- sliced black olives (for topping)
- 226.79 g shredded monterey jack cheese (for topping)
- Combine the first 9 ingredients.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 9 x 11 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the sliced black olives and shredded Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for about 50 minutes.
I purposely left out the sour cream before baking this and saved it until last, then added cool sour cream atop steaming casserole when done. Superb! Also added about 1/2 cup more Pace salsa to the recipe. This one gets its stars for its ease in preparation as well as eye-appeal.
Wonderful recipe Merlot. I served this as a side dish for our Mexican menu. This was so easy and full of great flavors, colors and textures. My family gave it their hands-down approval. You are right, it would make a great dip as well. Will try that next time. Thanks. Gladys
Thank you for a wonderful recipe! I had a few green peppers that I wanted to use so I stuffed them with this recipe...turned out delicious! I did add the sour cream while eating instead of while cooking as others suggested but want to try adding it while cooking next time to use dish as a dip!