Can be used as a dip for your favorite chips. It disappears quickly!
Make and share this Mexican Vegetarian Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Pace Picante Sauce (I use medium hot)
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 green onion, chopped
- sliced black olives (for topping)
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese (for topping)
- Combine the first 9 ingredients.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 9 x 11 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the sliced black olives and shredded Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for about 50 minutes.
I purposely left out the sour cream before baking this and saved it until last, then added cool sour cream atop steaming casserole when done. Superb! Also added about 1/2 cup more Pace salsa to the recipe. This one gets its stars for its ease in preparation as well as eye-appeal.
Wonderful recipe Merlot. I served this as a side dish for our Mexican menu. This was so easy and full of great flavors, colors and textures. My family gave it their hands-down approval. You are right, it would make a great dip as well. Will try that next time. Thanks. Gladys
This was delicious, and I liked it better (both nutrition-wise and taste-wise) with the following changes:
I swapped out the canned corn for frozen, to reduce sodium
I added a diced and sauteed onion
I added diced red and green bell peppers
i added a clove of garlic, diced
I swapped out the 8 oz sour cream for 2oz sour cream and 2 oz fat free greek yogurt
I swapped out the 2 cups cheese for 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar and 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
I added oregano, cumin, black pepper, and a packet of Goya Sazon (it's in the spice aisle or else the mexican food aisle)
In addition to olives and cheddar cheese, I added some coarsely broken Fritos corn chips at the end of the cooking.