Recipe by Ms*Bindy
This is a filling for an open-faced sandwich. The recipe is from "New Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant"
Top Review by justcallmetoni
This was a quick meal to pull together and yielded lots of flavor on the plate. As a shortcut I served mine on polenta instead of cornbread - fewer tools, less cooking time. I also used vegetable broth with just 1 tablespoon of oil to make this dish even lighter. The cilantro garnish was perfect in rounding out the flavors. Next time I think i will add some beans -- black, pink or red -- to give this delicious meal a little protein. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, cut into half-moons
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into half-moons
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups undrained canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- additional tomato juice, if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the onions and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, cover, and saute for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the remaining vegetables and seasonings and cook on low heat until vegetables are just tender.
- The mixture should be saucy; add more tomato juice if necessary.
- Serve over hot corn bread and top with sour cream or cheese.