Prep 2 hrs
Cook 12 mins
Another great Weight Watchers recipe.
Make and share this Mexican Un-Fried Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 4 low-fat cinnamon graham crackers (use 4 whole sheets)
- 3 cups edy's fat free no sugar added vanilla ice cream
- 6 fajita size 98% fat free tortillas
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons warm honey
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Measure out 6 (1/2 Cup each) mounds of ice cream and place on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Crush the graham crackers into a small bowl.
- With clean hands, warm each mound of ice cream slightly, and then roll into graham cracker crumbs, covering the surface completely.
- At the same time, you want to try and make the mounds a little more round.
- Work quickly so you don't melt the ice cream.
- Place the ice cream back onto the wax paper and return to the freezer for at least 2 more hours.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the Splenda and cinnamon together.
- Lightly spray each tortilla with the nonstick cooking spray, and then sprinkle each tortilla generously with the cinnamon mixture.
- Turn the tortillas over and repeat.
- Place the tortillas on a cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes, then turn each tortilla over and continue baking until the tortillas are crisp and lightly browned.
- If you aren't serving these right away, let them cool, and then wrap them in foil for later.
- You can just heat them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds when ready to serve.
- To Serve: Place 1 mound of prepared ice cream on top of each tortilla and drizzle each with 1/2 tablespoon of warm honey.
- If you don't like honey, you could substitute 1/2 tablespoon Hershey's Light Chocolate Syrup without changing the points any.
- Per Serving: 284 Calories; 1g Fat (3.1% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 63g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 348mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Fat. WWP: 5.
If my taste buds could talk, they'd be yelling for more of this! I served this for a group of lady friends who all went ga-ga over the pretty presentation and fabulous taste. I offered an option of drizzling FF caramel or chocolate syrup over the top. No one could believe it was low-fat and low-calorie. Well worth the prep time to make this great dessert.