Recipe by KelBel
A moist, filling turkey burger with a twist. Serve traditionally on a hamburger roll, or open face on a corn tortilla.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
Yummy! The refried beans are a great addition to the turkey. I never would have thought of that! I only had spicy chipotly flavored refried beans but they worked great in this recipe. I had one on a tortilla with salsa and sour cream and then another one on a regular hamburger bun -- great both ways. Thanks so much for sharing!! Made for Kelbel's Cook-A-Thon.
- 453.59 g ground turkey breast
- 236.59 ml fat-free refried beans
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground turkey and refried beans until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Shape into four equal sized burgers. Cover and let chill 1 hour.
- Grill, broil or fry for 5-6 minutes per side until thoroughly cooked.
- Serve on corn tortilla with guacamole, cheddar cheese, and salsa.