Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A moist, filling turkey burger with a twist. Serve traditionally on a hamburger roll, or open face on a corn tortilla.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 cup fat-free refried beans
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Mix ground turkey and refried beans until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Shape into four equal sized burgers. Cover and let chill 1 hour.
- Grill, broil or fry for 5-6 minutes per side until thoroughly cooked.
- Serve on corn tortilla with guacamole, cheddar cheese, and salsa.
Yummy! The refried beans are a great addition to the turkey. I never would have thought of that! I only had spicy chipotly flavored refried beans but they worked great in this recipe. I had one on a tortilla with salsa and sour cream and then another one on a regular hamburger bun -- great both ways. Thanks so much for sharing!! Made for Kelbel's Cook-A-Thon.
GREAT BURGERS !! I decreased the garlic cloves to two, but other than that this was a delightful dinner for us. A real easy to make recipe.
I would have never thought of adding in refried beans to ground turkey, but it works well and adds flavor and moistness to the burgers, I increased the jalapeno pepper to two and also increased the garlic, I left the patties overnight in the refrigerator to blend the flavors further, we enjoyed these Kel, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)