Recipe by Sirpezy
A very tasty burger sure to please any red meat fan. If you're looking for a healthier yet still yummy burger give it a try. I find using the 85/15 ground turkey makes the best burger.
Top Review by carolinajen4
My husband will not eat ground beef so I had to try this recipe. It was great! I agree that the 85/15 ground turkey is the best. We loved the red onion and fresh cilantro..Thanks!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons hot sauce
- salt & pepper
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 whole grain buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together (by hand is the best way) ground turkey, cumin, onion, garlic, cilantro, hot sauce, salt & pepper.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat.
- Add patties to skillet & cook 10-15 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place cheese slices on patties, keep on skillet until melted.
- Then place on bun & add whatever condiments desired.