Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great quick lunch to throw together when you have unexpected company. I usually add some of the salsa in the tuna mix and then top with salsa & some cheese for the last few minutes of baking.
- 425 g canned tuna in water, drained
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 300 g canned creamed corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 300 g salsa
- grated cheese (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except salsa together until well combined.
- Line the bottom of a 20 x 10xm loaf pan with baking paper and pack the mixture inches.
- Cover with foil and bake at 180 c for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to cook for a further 15 mins or until set.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 mins to firm before turning onto a serving dish.
- Serve with tomato salsa.
My family didn't like this. The creamed corn was very sweet and as my husband put it " there were too many flavors competing with one another" Definately won't make again
This is a very enjoyable recipe. I didn't use the creamed corn as I dislike it (it's far to sweet). I added some diced carrot, garlic and used Southwestern flavor Eggbeaters. I think it could have used some more chili powder. The outcome was a treat with the salsa. I made 2 small loaves which works well for me. It's very quick to mix up and makes a very nice loaf. Thanks for posting this Mandy.
Terrific week day family meal - very easy to whip up and enjoyed by all - I sprinkled it with cheese but otherwise kept to the recipe. Versatile too as you could add other leftover vegies or I thought you could cook it in a pie shell as it would be a great filling for a quiche. Thanks Mandy fromOz