Recipe by COOKGIRl
Serve this snack to those guests who came to your party even though they weren't invited.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (also known as pepitas)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried chilies (I use chipotles. If you wish, use a milder chile to tone down the heat.)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- lime wedge (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy cas tiron skillet dry-fry the pumpkin seeds for a few minutes, stirring constantly as they swell. DO NOT burn. They will taste bitter if burnt.
- Next add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the salt and the crushed toasted chiles. Stir to mix well.
- Turn the heat off, but keep the pan on the stove. Sprinkle the sugar on the seeds and shake the pan vigorously to coat the seeds.
- Transfer the pumpkin seeds to a serving bowl and serve with a wedges of lime for squeezing over the pumpkin seeds.
- Best eaten within a day.