Recipe by pesce_gurl
A yummy little south of the border salad. It came from the Famous Brand Names Cookbook.
- 3 large ripe avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded mild monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, mash 1 AVACADO; stir in sour cream, 3 TBSP of the lemon juice, onion, water, salt and hot pepper sauce. Chill to blend flavors.
- In large salad bowl, sprinkle remaining 2 AVACADOS with remaining 1 TBSP lemon juice. Top with salad greens, tomato, cheese and olives; chill.
- Just before serving, toss with avocado dressing and tortilla chips.