Recipe by Lisa in Oregon
I really enjoy making this dish as well as eating it and my family will agree to that! I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do. :o)
Top Review by Garnet
This recipe is delicious and a real keeper. I used chicken instead of ground beef. I cut 4 skinless and boneless breasts into small bite size pieces and also used 3 cups of salsa instead of 2. Other than those changes, I followed the recipe exactly. Yum yum. Thanks a bunch for sharing.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups salsa (blended in blender)
- 10 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and drain meat; stir in onion, bell peppers, chilies, and season mix.
- Cook until veggies are slightly tender (about 5 minutes). Blend salsa in blender and pour 1/2 cup on bottom of a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cover with 5 tortillas, spread with 1/2 of meat mix and 1/2 more salsa, sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese and layer rest of ingredients.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F or until top is golden brown.
- Top with lettuce, sour cream tomatoes, whatever you like.