I really enjoy making this dish as well as eating it and my family will agree to that! I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do. :o)
- Brown and drain meat; stir in onion, bell peppers, chilies, and season mix.
- Cook until veggies are slightly tender (about 5 minutes). Blend salsa in blender and pour 1/2 cup on bottom of a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cover with 5 tortillas, spread with 1/2 of meat mix and 1/2 more salsa, sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese and layer rest of ingredients.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F or until top is golden brown.
- Top with lettuce, sour cream tomatoes, whatever you like.
This recipe is delicious and a real keeper. I used chicken instead of ground beef. I cut 4 skinless and boneless breasts into small bite size pieces and also used 3 cups of salsa instead of 2. Other than those changes, I followed the recipe exactly. Yum yum. Thanks a bunch for sharing.
Love the recipe,will make again with a couple changes. I will cut in half,and still have the left overs,and use 1/4 to 1/2 red bell pepper.I didn't bother to blend the salsa in the blender,as we like chunky salsa. Thanks for the recipe ~Lisa~ :0)
Very simple and yummy. I didn't have the red bell peppers on hand so I substituted a 1/2 a cup of corn relish instead. Topped with fresh guacamole and sour cream. Absolutely delish!