Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I enjoy reciepes I can take to pot luck and church suppers. This is easy to do, you can have the apples ready the day before you actually bake the strudel. Serve this warm with vanilla ice cream if you desire.
- 1 package 10-inch flour tortilla
- 8 cups peeled and finely cut granny smith apples
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 ounces pecans or 4 ounces walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn flakes or 1⁄2 cup granola cereal
- powdered sugar
- Combine apples with raisins, nuts, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Brush tortillas with melted butter.
- Sprinkle tortillas with cereal, then 2 TBS apple mixture.
- Roll tortilla up and brush each with melted butter.
- Bake on buttered baking pan 350 degrees until browna and crisp (time depends on how hot your oven bakes, I bake mine about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Dust with powered sugar.
First off, the measurements and cooking time are way off...8cups of apples? 2 tblsp filling per tortilla?15-20 minutes?I made half a recipe for DH and myself...I used 5 tortillas and 2 large jonsgold apples..I used my food processor to chop the apples fine..It took 1/2 cup filling per tortilla..I halved all other ingredients.Also I let the raisans set in a glass of water for about 15 minutes and drained them for this recipe....It took 30-40 minutes to bake these crispy brown..What we liked about these is they are not overly sweet and the raisans and pecans added a nice flavor..I served these with a deep dish mexican pizza I had made for dinner..I will make these again....