Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is posted for Zaar World Tour 2005/Mexico. Found on Sara's Secrets recipes/Food Network. Times are estimated and do not include marinating chicken.
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 4 soft rolls
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 20 thin slices
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into 16 thin slices
- 226.79 g monterey jack pepper cheese, sliced thin
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine marinade ingredients add chicken breasts 2 to 24 hours.
- Grill chicken breasts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the mayonnaise and chipotle chiles in a food processor and blend until smooth. Generously spread the cut sides of the rolls with the chipotle mayonnaise. Cover the bottom half of each roll with 1 thinly sliced chicken breast, overlapping the slices. Top each portion of chicken with 5 slices of tomato and 4 slices of avocado. Cover with 2 slices of cheese.
- Place assembled sandwiches open faced on a sheet pan and bake until cheese is melted, about 8 minutes. Cover the sandwiches, slice in half and serve immediately.
This was so good that DH ate his torta and half of mine. I made some small changes, such as using rotisserie chicken and guacamole instead of chicken breasts and avocado because they were on hand (and the rotisserie was only 3.99!!) I shredded the rotisserie and arranged it on the bolillo rolls, then covered it with small slices of pepperjack (had a block on hand, no slices). I toasted them in the oven, then added the mayo, guac, tomatoes after they came out of the oven. I served slices of queso fresco and pickled serrano peppers and carrots on the side. Also had Mexican Street Corn with this, which of course was too much food, but we both have big smiles on our faces. :D Muchas gracias por la receta!
I had bought torta bread at Costco after sampling it in their store. When I began searching what kind of bread this was I found this recipe and we are all so glad about this discovery. I served it with a salad and dessert as a simple dinner for friends before going to see a play. It was delicious and everyone raved about it! I am warning that all of the women only ate 1/2 of a sandwich as this is very hearty. I am planning on having it again this week as I have a some friends coming for lunch this week. Thanks Katie in the UP for a great find.
Katie, I just realized I had not posted a review for this delish recipe. Loved this sandwich! The spicy chipotle was perfect with the marinated chicken breast. Thanks for posting!