1/4 Photos of Mexican Torta (Sandwich)
katie in the UP's Note:
This recipe is posted for Zaar World Tour 2005/Mexico. Found on Sara's Secrets recipes/Food Network. Times are estimated and do not include marinating chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 4 soft rolls
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 20 thin slices
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into 16 thin slices
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, sliced thin
- 1Combine marinade ingredients add chicken breasts 2 to 24 hours.
- 2Grill chicken breasts.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4Place the mayonnaise and chipotle chiles in a food processor and blend until smooth. Generously spread the cut sides of the rolls with the chipotle mayonnaise. Cover the bottom half of each roll with 1 thinly sliced chicken breast, overlapping the slices. Top each portion of chicken with 5 slices of tomato and 4 slices of avocado. Cover with 2 slices of cheese.
- 5Place assembled sandwiches open faced on a sheet pan and bake until cheese is melted, about 8 minutes. Cover the sandwiches, slice in half and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Torta (Sandwich)
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1065.9
- Calories from Fat 671
- Total Fat 74.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 134.1 mg
- Sodium 1697.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 48.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo