Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Recipe from Leanne Ely (http://www.SavingDinner.com), posted in a FlyLady Food for Thought email.
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning (low-sodium, if available)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained and chopped
- 16 corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- 2 cups reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (use fat-free)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- low-fat sour cream
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat and cook onions till translucent.
- Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Then add turkey, and cook until browned, breaking into small pieces, as you go.
- Add the taco seasoning package according to package directions, mixing well and allowing to simmer for a couple of minutes until.
- slightly thickened.
- Stir in the chilies and set aside.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 10" pie plate.
- Place one fourth of the tortilla pieces on the bottom of the pie plate (till covered).
- Spread with half of the turkey mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Place another one fourth of the tortillas on cheese; spread with beans.
- Place yet another one fourth of the tortillas on beans; top with roasted peppers.
- Finally, place the remaining tortillas on the.
- roasted peppers and spread with remaining turkey mixture. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Cover and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until.
- cheese is melted and center is hot.
- Let sit 10 minutes before cutting into your masterpiece.
- Can be served with salsa and sour cream, if desired.