Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy vegan soup that tastes like it took a lot longer to make. It's a combination of many recipes I saw online.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (48 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- chili powder
- Use the oil to saute the garlic and cumin briefly in a soup pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 min or more.
I love tomato soups and this was a nice kicked up version. I used white kidney (cannellini) beans. I liked the splash of lime juice as the finishing touch. I garnished with chopped fresh cilantro. This is a nice tasty and filling tomato soup. It's low in fat, too. Thanx!
We found this a bit lacking in flavour. It reminded us of eating spoonfuls of V8, just with chunks. I think we would have enjoyed it more with some onion, chilies, maybe some cayenne and much more garlic and cilantro. Thanks for posting. Made for veg*n swap #2.
What a simple and excellent recipe that I simply threw into a crockpot on high and it was good to go in 2 hours. I did add some instant brown rice which really didn't add anything extra. I topped mine off with some corn chips, avodaco cubes and sour cream which I HIGHLY recommend, although the sour cream blows the whole vegan theme. Could not ask for a better lunch. I will definintely be making this again. For those of us who eat meat, this would be great with the addition of ground beef or grilled chicken too. Made for veg*n tag #2.