Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
There is really no 'cooking', rather the time is spent marinating the jicama and chilling the salad.
- 9 roma tomatoes, sliced 3/8 ", thick
- 1⁄2 fresh jicama, peeled and french fry cut
- 1 can quartered artichoke heart
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, sliced and quartered
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- Combine all vegetables and herbs in a bowl.
- Combine vinegar, salt, pepper, and oil.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and mix gently.
- Allow to marinate 1 1/2 to 2 hours in refrigerator.
Made this for two and turned out very good.
A very tasty chilled salad that proved to be very handy in cooling off our palates from the extra-spicy Mexican dishes we had for dinner tonight. The recipe calls for 9 roma tomatoes which I bought, but I only needed 6. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly as written. I made this for PAC Fall 08. And I'll definitely make this again, especially as a side dish when I serve spicy Mexican dishes again.