Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family loves this soup. Very refreshing and good Tex-Mex flavor. Good served with polenta. Adapted from a Moosewood recipe.
- In a big pot, over low heat, saute the garlic and cumin in hot oil for 1 minute (don't let the garlic brown).
- Add in the tomato juice, fresh tomatoes, lime juice, and cilantro; stir to combine.
- Let simmer for several minutes.
- Add hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
- To serve, put broken up tortilla chips in shallow soup bowls; add soup and top with Monterey Jack cheese.
Delicious! Didn't have enough tomato juice so I used one can of diced tomatoes. Incredibly easy and wonderful. Also used mozzarella cheese since I didn't have monterey jack. Still wonderful! Thanks very much.
My family loves this... I'm making it again tonight!
Yum! I added a can of whole kernal corn, some chickpeas, and a little curry powder. My roommates gobbled it up :-)