My family loves this soup. Very refreshing and good Tex-Mex flavor. Good served with polenta. Adapted from a Moosewood recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a big pot, over low heat, saute the garlic and cumin in hot oil for 1 minute (don't let the garlic brown).
- 2Add in the tomato juice, fresh tomatoes, lime juice, and cilantro; stir to combine.
- 3Let simmer for several minutes.
- 4Add hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
- 5To serve, put broken up tortilla chips in shallow soup bowls; add soup and top with Monterey Jack cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Tomato Lime Soup
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.0
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 847.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 8.5 g