My DH really, really enjoys this, while I just find it OK. ;) I adopted this recipe from the RecipeZaar account in August 2006, and after I prepared it Sept. 4, 2006, I made some minor changes (adding the size of canned ingredients, adding onions in with the meat mixture, etc). Original poster's comments: "This is more of a Tex Mex recipe than Mexican. Truly delicious!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 flour tortillas
- 1 (14 ounce) can of drained pinto beans or 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1 small chopped white onions or 1 small yellow onion
- 16 ounces grated Mexican blend cheese or 16 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can Wolf brand chili, with or without beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) taco seasoning mix, packet
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1Brown ground beef with chopped onion.
- 2Drain beef; add seasoning and tomato sauce. Add pinto beans.
- 3Pour enchilada sauce into a bowl.
- 4Dip the flour tortillas into the enchilada sauce and set aside.
- 5Cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan with enchilada sauce, then pour the remaining enchilada sauce into the ground beef mixture.
- 6Fill the dipped tortillas with the ground beef mixture.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese and black olives.
- 8Roll the flour tortilla and place in baking dish.
- 9Repeat procedure for remainder of tortillas until all are filled and laying in the pan.
- 10Pour can of heated Wolf brand chili over the top of the burritos and any remaining meat mixture.
- 11Sprinkle with cheese.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted on inside and out.
- 13Usually about 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tex-Mex Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tex-Mex Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Tex-Mex Burrito Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.9
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 156.6 mg
- Sodium 2263.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 47.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Wolf brand chili