Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Gotta have my pasta and this recipe is so easy. A favorite with me and the Lunch Bunch.
Make and share this Mexican Tetrazzini recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced green chiles, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can campbell condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 3 cups cooked pasta (linguine, spaghetti, or fettuccine)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, cook/stir for 3 minutes or until onion is limp.
- Add in the chiles and cumin; cook/stir for 2 more minutes.
- Add in the soup, milk, chicken, and tabasco; stir and bring to a boil.
- Put the pasta and cilantro in a big mixing bowl; add all but 1/4 cup of sauce; stir to combine.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a greased (non-stick cooking spray) 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is golden brown.
Nurse Di, I was going through the main dish recipes in my cookbook and realized I had not reviewed this recipe--absolutely wonderful dish!I omitted the cilantro but that was the only change. Perfect for the summer-, not too heavy yet filling and satisfying....BIG thanks:)PeggyLynn