Recipe by Maryland Jim
This from the 1981 Southern Living Cookbook.
Top Review by Chabear01
Made for Football Pool winner Week 1, congradulation Maryland! Made exactly per the recipe, these are really nice cookies, and if you allow the cookies to cool completely before dipping the second time in the confectioners sugar it holds easily to the cookie. Thank You for a great cookie.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add butter, pecans, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla; stir until well blended. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Roll cookies in additional powdered sugar while hot. Remove to wire racks to cool completely, and reroll cookies in powdered sugar.