Recipe by diner524
This is a recipe I saved from one of the Taste of Home magazines. I am now posting this untried recipe for ZWT5 - Mexico.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
Oh, this is quite good! Butter, potatoes, cheese and salsa...how can you go wrong? Add the chili and it becomes heaven LOL. We used one can turkey chili and one can vegetarian, and next time I think we will use all vegetarian. I did cut back a bit on the cheese; for the sliced I used 6 slices reduced-fat american cheese and for the cheese on top I used 1 c 2% sharp cheddar. This cut back a bit on the fat but it still had loads of great flavor. Thanks so much for posting! I think this would make an ideal dish for a Superbowl buffet! Made for Went to Market Tag.
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled, sliced and cooked
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 slices monterey jack cheese
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili with beans
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion. Mix salsa and butter; pour over onion and potatoes. Top with sliced cheeses; spread with chili. Sprinkle shredded cheeses over top.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with chips just before serving.