Aguas frescas, mainly made of fruit in season, are so popular in Mexico, that you'll see more agua fresca stands than taco eateries in any Mexican community. Noon meals on family tables are always accompanied by these delicious fruit "ades". Tamarind "water" is one of the most popular.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Unpeel the fresh tamarind pods.
- 2Scrape any remaining peel bits under running water,.
- 3Bring unpeeled tamarind to boil in some of the recipe water.
- 4Simmer for about 3 min.
- 5Let cool and with hands get the pits out.
- 6Process unpitted pulp in blender.
- 7Sweeten remainding water.
- 8Mix everything together.
- 9Sieve for any remaining pulp threads or peel bits.
- 10Chill and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Tamarind Cooler (Agua de Tamarindo)
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 53.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g