Recipe by TxGriffLover
Almost a salad, this colorful, uncooked salsa is often found as a side on almost any Mexican restaurant platter. For that reason, it's what most people think of when you say 'salsa'. It's fresh, attractive, and worthy of the attention. From the Take-Out Menu Cookbook.
Top Review by Outta Here
Great treat for an appetizer while were were RV'ing, and very easy to put together. i left the seeds in the chili for added heat! I used red onion. I think I will add some fresh corn next time for a variation.
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red onions (1/2 cup) or 1⁄2 medium white onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 serrano chili, minced (1 tablespoon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and toss to blend well.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Tip: This salsa is much better when all the ingredients are chopped with a knife as opposed to a food processor.
- The food processor turns everything into a uniform pink mass.
- Make ahead: This salsa can be made up to 1 hour ahead.