1/4 Photos of Mexican Take-Out Pico De Gallo
Almost a salad, this colorful, uncooked salsa is often found as a side on almost any Mexican restaurant platter. For that reason, it's what most people think of when you say 'salsa'. It's fresh, attractive, and worthy of the attention. From the Take-Out Menu Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and toss to blend well.
- 2Season with salt to taste.
- 3Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- 4Tip: This salsa is much better when all the ingredients are chopped with a knife as opposed to a food processor.
- 5The food processor turns everything into a uniform pink mass.
- 6Make ahead: This salsa can be made up to 1 hour ahead.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Take-Out Pico De Gallo
Serving Size: 1 (551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.1
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g