Recipe by knobbyknee
I love Hawaiian Haystacks and this recipe puts a Mexican spin on it. This recipe serves 20 people, so you can reduce for your family.
- 4 lbs chicken, cooked and cubed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (7 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oregano flakes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 limes, juice of (add just before serving)
- corn chips
- chopped tomato
- grated cheddar cheese
- sliced olive
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together chicken, onions, garlic, tomatoes, green chilies, pinto beans, oregano and cumin.
- Cook at 325 degrees in a large roaster for 2-3 hours. Squeeze lime juice into mixture just before serving.
- Serve over rice and anything else you want to build your perfect Mexican Chicken Haystack.